Thursday, June 19, 2014

Training Logs for June 17-19, 2014

Hey all,

Going to have three of these logs inside this post because I did not take the time to write them down. The past three days of training have been really good. Let us not beat around the bush and get to it.

Tuesday the 17th was heavy dead lift day. It felt really good and boosted my motivation towards the Cube Method that I am following.

Warm up
Stability Routine from my previous log here.

4" Block Pulls
135lbs X 10 Reps
185lbs X 7 Reps
225lbs X 5 Reps
275lbs X 5 Reps

Working Sets
4" Block Pulls (Approximately 90 secs rest)
385lbs X 2 Reps for 5 Sets

Snatch Grip Dead lifts(60 second rest the rest of the workout, These kicked my butt good)
285lbs X 8 Reps for 2 Sets

Dumbbell One Arm Rows
70lbs X 12 Reps
70lbs X 11 Reps
70lbs X 10 Reps

Dumbbell Shrug
70lbs X 20 Reps
70lbs X 20 Reps

Like I said it was a really good workout...short and sweet.

Wednesday the 18th was bench press repetition day. Another good day and on my accessory exercises I was trying to ensure to contract the muscle targeted before moving the weight

Warm up
Internal/External Rotation
20lbs dumbbells 15 reps for 2 sets

Floor Press
Bar only X 40 Reps
135lbs X 8 Reps
185lbs X 5 Reps

Working Sets
Floor Press
205lbs X 3 Reps for 8 sets

Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
50lbs X 18 Reps
60lbs X 15 Reps
60lbx X 12 Reps

Cable Triceps Push-down
50lbs X 100 Reps

Dumbbell Standing Shoulder Press
30lbs X 10 Reps for 3 sets

Machine Fly (Really focused on contracting the muscle here. Did much better on the second set)
13 X 16 Reps
13 X 12 Reps
13 X 15 Reps

I had a pretty good pump at the end of this workout in my chest and my triceps. The focused contractions help a lot with the pump.

Today was a new routine for me and isn't part of the Cube Method. This is a circuit style workout called a barbell complex that is designed to tax the entire body and to increase fat burning capabilities. I got this idea from Vince Del Monte. Try it out if you would like. It is a kick butt routine that will push you if you push yourself.

Warm up
From my stablility workout
Half lunge into a knee to chest stretch with toe raise 5 times each leg
Half lunge into a glute hip stretch optional toe raise 5 times each leg
Half lunge into a standing opposite arm quad stretch 5 times each leg
Half lunge with torso twist (twist both directions each lunge) 5 times each leg
Working Sets
20 Min AMRAP (As Many Rounds as Possible, No Rest) 
Start with 45lbs to 65lbs barbell (I did just the 45lbs barbell)
10 Reps Each in one Giant Set (repeat until time)
Standing Military Press
Front Squats
Bent Over Rows
Romanian Dead Lifts
Back Squats

I made 7 rounds even. After this workout, I was drenched in sweat, completely exhausted, but I felt really good. Next week I am going to try and beat 7 rounds and then the following week I will move the weight up to 55lbs or 65lbs.

Any questions hit me up!

God Bless and Get Big
Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment